[Sca-cooks] What to do with goat cheese...

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Thu Oct 16 13:34:41 PDT 2003

In regards to the taste of goat's cheese being stronger - I only noticed it
in the white goat cheddar and it was very strong.  I have not noticed a taste
difference in the cheeses at all.  I also find goat's milk to taste like
cow's milk (to me very little flavour).  The problems I do have is in the
melting factor and I do have to make adjustments - still working on a nice
white cheese sauce.

I have only had Sheep cheese in the form of feta.  I have never seen it made
as anything else.  The grocery stores are getting better about carrying
different types of goat cheeses but I really prefer to go to the Farmer's
Market in Hamilton, Ontario (I now live in Ottawa and can't get there unless
I visit the inlaws).

The url I was referring to is:  http://www.natricia.com/english/aboutus.html

I have spoken with Virginia Saputo - the owner - and she is very well
informed.

I have tried Natricia's products - not the milk - and have found them to be
very good and of a better quality than what I buy in the stores.

Marina