[Sca-cooks] Book - The Medieval Kitchen

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Oct 17 06:12:03 PDT 2003

> I was reading a review on cookbooks and this one caught my eye
> (http://eat.epicurious.com/eat/cookbooks/index.ssf/?/eat/cookbooks/1998/medieval.html).
> Does anyone have it/can give me a better review than the one on the
> site? Is it worth my money or should I save up for something else (like,
> say, the Foodlover's Atlas of the World)?

Get it, get it, get it! I prefer this to other texts such as Pleyn Delit,
because the authors give you a translation of the recipe from the original
text, plus some commentary, then their redaction. I usually take a look at
their redaction, then redact the recipe from the translation myself. But
the comments are helpful in envisioning what this might taste like.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Somedays the struggle just gets tired..." -- Renee Senolges