[Sca-cooks] Book - The Medieval Kitchen

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Fri Oct 17 08:28:41 PDT 2003

Hey all from Anne-Marie

Redons Medieval Kitchen is my new "wanna book on medieval food?" for
cooks (non cooks still get Pleyn Delite, which is cheaper and less
chatty :))

Several of the recipes in there are new standards for my household, like
the roasted onion salad (roasting the onions in the coals at a period
encampment was a big hit with the rubberneckers ;)), the green tortas,
lentil puree, rice pudding (serve with stewed fruit or the plum and/or
apple mousses from the same source. Mmmm!), nucato (nuts with honey and
spices!), etc.

I like that it looks at some of the less available sources, including
the color pictures in the middle, one of which clearly shows a
non-caucasian cook, (and please note that she is wearing the same
clothes as everyone else, not her "traditional" dress).

I give it a big thumbs up :)

--Anne-Marie