[Sca-cooks] Goat Cheese

margali mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 04:25:50 PST 2003

goat cheese is any fermented or separated dairy product made from the
milk of the goat. exactly what it sounds like.

biohazard. not for human consumption, imo....

as to why not call any cheese product of bovine production cow cheese,
not all cheeses people consume are actually cow cheese...mozarella is
iirc buffalo milk originally...and parmesan is iirc sheep. the fact that
in the us they are made in general with cows milk is neither here nor
there, many people go to the expense of buying the imported item made
out of the correct milk.

up until fairly recently the only goatwhiz producst that tended to be
commonly available were chevre, a soft cheese, and feta. this plethora
of other 'styles' of cheese out of goatwhiz being available commonly is
very new to most all of the country. [unless you had a friend ho kept
dairy goats and who liked to experiment with making different cheeses.]

margali

[and around here, if i asked for sheep cheese, my hubby would get me the
package of parmesan out of the fridge]