[Sca-cooks] plague recipes

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Oct 31 11:57:16 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

Stefan-

>From what I've found, most of the formulas for the Plague were designed to
protect the user from its "pestilential miasma", in other words, bad vapors
in the air. In period, it was noticed that people who slept outdoors or with
open windows were more subject to various plagues, and rather than
connecting the problem with mosquitoes, it was believed the evening air was
dangerous. During the Black Plague, the Drs went around in rather odd
looking outfits with face masks on, and had rather odd concoctions in the
masks to prevent the pestilential airs from assailing them- they looked like
nothing so much as the Spies in Mad Magazine's Spy vs Spy comic feature ;-)
If you're interested in the research I have, I can likely scan it in for
you, but I can't let you put it in the Florilegium since it isn't my work-
it's from one of my upper level Biology classes.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.