[Sca-cooks] Camel Ribs

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Sep 4 08:49:48 PDT 2003

Rosine/Hro?ny Rognvaldsdottir asked:
--------------
I've just been informed that 30 - 100 pounds of camel ribs may be donated to
my barony if we can figure out how to cook them.

Any advice/experience? (I'm posting this to the SCA-Cooks list also.) I'm
sure they'll have to be bar-b-qued, but sauce? Marinade would be right out,
right?

Why would the marinade be right out?

Let's see... The Florilegium horse-recipes-msg file does give some southeast Asian recipes that say "horse or camel", so if you can find some recipes for horse ribs I guess you could you use those...

But I'm sorry I don't have any recipes for camel ribs. Now if you can get a whole camel, *that* I have a recipe for.

Stefan