[Sca-cooks] Camel Ribs

Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Thu Sep 4 09:31:25 PDT 2003

Stephan asked:
> Why would the marinade be right out?

   Well, you see, we've got these Big Bad Fighters, see, who wheedled the
donation so they could do imitations of Cavemen and Apes while they ate,
see, and if I were to do anything to cut down the size of those ribs - it'd
be worth my life. Our resident Greyback would hunt me down and bat me with a
tree trunk, who-whoing all the while.. and all the rest of them would be
doing very bad Charleston Heston imitations while he chased me.

   And the idea of marinating something in my bathtub (what else would be
big enough?) just doesn't appeal.

   What I'm struggling with is trying to find a recipe or at least someone
who's eaten camel so I can learn which of the more-common meats it most
resembles. That way I'd know how to spice the darn things. I guess, if
there's recipes that call for "horse or camel", I could check out horsemeat
spicing/preparations.

Rosine
(I remember the discussion "you've really got a recipe for a whole camel?" a
while back.)