[Sca-cooks] Mongol Feast Questions

KazOShea at aol.com KazOShea at aol.com
Thu Sep 4 16:07:19 PDT 2003

I was an an assistant cook for a documentable Mongol feast, and I helped to
plan out some of the dishes and had mentioned to the head cook that there was a
real lack of anything vegetarian friendly. Well that is the way teh Mongols
cooked in period, they were not vegetarians,everything had meat meat and more
meat just in case there was not enough meat in it. To take it out of fully
documented but in a period style you could use some of the fake meat broths, I
have used them and there is not an appreciable difference in flavor from using a
meat stock. If ou are going to strictly to Mongol and strictly to period
recipes you are out of luck for vegetarian friendly.

Iago