[Sca-cooks] Klyner (Danish) vs. Chrusziki (Polish)[was Cookies...]

Samrah thlsamrah at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 18:23:22 PDT 2003

These seem to both have the same origins. Adding lemon peel to the cookies sounds wonderful, Magdalena. Our family recipe for Klyner (yep, I spelled it wrong before) is sweeter and richer than the Polish Chrusziki which sounds wonderful ;0). Also, Klyner is thicker and less crunchy--a bit like an old fashioned doughnut with a crunchy outside. It is definitely contemporary with baking powder and about half the eggs (proporationately), and does not require refrigeration of the dough.

Samrah