[Sca-cooks] Mongol Feast Questions

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Sep 7 05:46:59 PDT 2003

>While reading though, I did find references to just plain vegetable
>matter. I think the one we're going to incorporate in the Soup for
>the Qan course is going to be the one for spinach, fried with
>garlic.  Do you need the page reference? (I found it by simply going
>through the index and finding all references for spinach in there).

Sounds a little like:

Isfanakh Mutajjan
al-Baghdadi p. 206/12

Take spinach, cut off the lower roots, and wash: then boil lightly in
salt and water, and dry. Refine sesame-oil, drop in the spinach, and
stir until fragrant. Chop up a little garlic, and add. Sprinkle with
fine-ground cumin, dry coriander, and cinnamon: then remove.

--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/