[Sca-cooks] OT: Kitchen appliances and gadgets

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:47:50 PDT 2003

>I am getting married next year and am getting ready to do the bridal
>registry
>thing.
>
>I am wondering what tools and toys people like the best in their kitchen
>and
>why.  Have you tried a particular tool only to prefer a different brand.
>
>I have a good collection of tools but could always use more.  I am set for
>knives.  I have little or no small appliances.
>
>Marina

A breadmaker. Get one. They are wonderful. And if you like to do a lot of
frying, a fry daddy of the appropriate size. We got the big one for hubby's
catfish. Oh, and a blender, mixer, and if you make salsa or stuff like I do,
a food processor. (Can you tell that I like gadgets?) I would suggest at
least one small and one large very good quality knife, and sharpening tools,
but you said that you are good on those. I'd give up all my appliances to
keep those. Oh, and if you don't have them, cast iron skillets, old ones,
not new ones.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com