[Sca-cooks] OT: Kitchen appliances and gadgets

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 11 04:29:46 PDT 2003

You might want to go through some of the kitcen equipment books and make
some lists. Check them at your local library. Alton Brown's Gear for
Your Kitchen by Alton Brown is just out and should be at Borders or B&N
stores. Also check out Consumer Reports and issues of Cooks Illustrated
for their guides and recommendations.

I would think about asking for equipment that you will use on a daily
basis. Think about counter space and storage room in your kitchen.
Appliances that sit out get used more than those that have to be drug
out from a closet.

I love my Kitchen Aid mixer, but that's an investment of several hundred
dollars which may be beyond what the typical bridal guest will spring for.

Johnnae llyn Lewis
You could also always ask for cookbooks if you get stuck on equipment.