[Sca-cooks] OT: Kitchen appliances and gadgets

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 09:06:41 PDT 2003

>I am getting married next year and am getting ready to do the bridal
>registry
>thing.
>
>I am wondering what tools and toys people like the best in their kitchen
>and
>why.  Have you tried a particular tool only to prefer a different brand.
>
>I have a good collection of tools but could always use more.  I am set for
>knives.  I have little or no small appliances.
>
>Marina

I have 4 different types of morter/pestle sets for different types of
hand-work.  I also have over half a dozen small coffee/spice grinders each
reserved for differnt types of things.  One for coffee only, one for
cinnamon sticks/bark and galengale (it has a tall stack on top to feed into
and a front removing cansiter), one for savory seeds, one for spicier seeds
(cubebs, peppers, etc.), one for seeds and nuts, etc.  Several has it's own
type distinction which makes it more practical for differnt things.  I am
quite fond of the one that has the motor on the top part and the clear
canister is the bottom, unattached to the cord, easy to clean and portable!
OK, maybe I'm obsessive...
Olwen O