[Sca-cooks] larding turkeys and other meats

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Sat Sep 13 22:55:41 PDT 2003

I've done something which I hesitate to call "larding" but instead call
"barding" a turkey.  When roasting the turkey, I'll take several pieces
of good bacon and lay them over the breast of the turkey until the last
half-hour to hour of cooking.  Then, I'll take the bacon off and let the
skin over the breast brown and crisp.

BTW:  Serena, if one could hardly see where you larded those conies, I'd
hardly say you larded with "poor technique."  Just different technique.

--Cian O'Madadhain