Peacock Re: [Sca-cooks] larding turkeys and other meats

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 15 13:35:44 PDT 2003

The only time I saw a pheaseant served in its own feathers (mounting a boar,
at that) involved a good layer of plastic, and the cooks, with proper
sanitary gloves, removed the skin very slowly and with all precautions
possible so it wouldn't touch the meat. As far as I know there were no cases
of food poisonning following that feast. 'twas pretty yummy, actually.

I'll have to try that on the day that I'll have a couple dozen people
helping me in the kitchen with the rest of the meal :-))))

Petru