[Sca-cooks] Redaction? (was: Looking for a period cheese filled pasta/lassagna dish served cold (long))

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Sat Sep 20 15:34:41 PDT 2003

At 02:35 PM 9/19/2003 -0400, Doc quoted me out of context and then wrote:
>You might gain more support for your point of view if you'd word your
>replies in a slightly more polite and friendly manner. . . .

Doc, if you want to play at being a champion of courtesy, why did you not
comment on--why did you *not* *even* *quote*--the sneaky yet serious
insults implicit in the post to which I was responding:

1. That I'm so ignorant that I need to be told what technical jargon is
for, for the *third* *time* in a fortnight.

2. That even though I had already responded (on the same thread) to another
attempt to equate all buzzwords with valid technical jargon, my thoughts on
this subject (being difficult to answer) did not deserve to be answered.

3. That *everything* I have said about why "redaction" is really not "the
most clear term" is likewise deserving of dismissal without comment.

Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa entered into the discussion in a way that was not
only careless but also impolite and unfriendly. I will not admit to having
been wrong to take offense where it was given. I alone was singled out for
Doc's ad hominem merely because Doc is pleased to disagree with me. But
since Doc is trying to preserve his deniability, let me try to point out
clearly what he is doing. He wrote:

>Better yet, stop discussing the matter altogether and instead let your
>actions speak for you.  Post interpretations. . . .

Apparently I should *silently* accept unfair and dishonest criticisms
instead of responding to them at all, until I have become established as a
member of the in-group. As I responded to Doc on 8 Sept.:

>Since I do not accept the in-group jargon, you seem to define the
>"community" exclusively of me.

In conclusion, let me quote Doc from the archive, 28 Aug.:

>Redaction is often (always?) a matter of interpretation.

He said "interpretation" in order to describe, in plain English, what
so-called "redaction" really is.

Alex Clark