[Sca-cooks] Redaction? (was: Looking for a period cheese filled pasta/lassagna dish served cold (long))

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Sep 21 16:59:16 PDT 2003

> 1. That I'm so ignorant that I need to be told what technical jargon is
> for, for the *third* *time* in a fortnight.

Not ignorant. Simply using the term in a way that doesn't match actual
practice in my field.

> 2. That even though I had already responded (on the same thread) to another
> attempt to equate all buzzwords with valid technical jargon, my thoughts on
> this subject (being difficult to answer) did not deserve to be answered.

Not difficult to answer. I simply don't agree. You believe that 'redact'
is not a useful word for communicating, and I do. You believe that it is
a  buzzword in a negative sense, and I don't.

> 3. That *everything* I have said about why "redaction" is really not "the
> most clear term" is likewise deserving of dismissal without comment.

What you have said, essentially, is that you believe it is not the most
clear term. YOu have said it repeatedly and with variations. You are not
to be moved on the point.

> Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa entered into the discussion in a way that was not
> only careless but also impolite and unfriendly. I will not admit to having
> been wrong to take offense where it was given.

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, I will not take responsibility for
you taking offense at my suggestion that you apply your advice to
yourself.

You are certainly entitled to believe that the use of the term redaction
is wrong and worthy of criticism each time it occurs. But you aren't going
to convince me, and complaining that I won't argue with you when it
becomes clear that I'm not going to change your mind doesn't do anythimg
more to convince me.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
 "in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)