[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Coronation Lunch

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 21:48:08 PDT 2003

Johnna detailed a feast she just did:
> I return from my latest activity to find nearly 400 messages in the
> inbox. I have been preoccupied of late with doing this little lunch for
> the Midrealm Coronation which was held here at the local fairgrounds
> last Saturday.

> I did a 20 page booklet detailing all the dishes with a assive
> bibliography of course.
Oh! Sounds like it would be an interesting report and useful to others
researching similar feasts. Would it be possible for me to get a
electronic copy of this booklet for the Florilegium?
>    The Menu included:
> Oatcakes and  Barley Cakes,
How well did these go over?
> Assorted Breads and Manchets,
> Honey, Marmalade, Preserves, Butter,
   I think these would be needed on the oakcakes and the barley cakes.
Or did these come out moist with a fair amount of flavor? What kind of
marmalade?
What is the differance between a "marmalade" and a "preserve"? They are
both fruit pastes, right?
> Selection of Artisan and Imported Cheeses,
> Feather Fowlie Soup,
Recipe? I assume this isn't fowlie with their feathers. :-)
> Salat
> Grilled Beef Steaks and Roasted Beef n a Platter,
Oh? More evidence for grilled steaks? Recipe or documentation would be
nice. We've discussed steaks here before.
> Peas with Mint, A Dish of Barley,
> Roasted Assorted Fowl on a Platter,
This sounds like it could be quite decorative.
> Spiced Carrots,  Rice Florentine,
> A Jacobean Dessert Sideboard  of Various Sweet Fare
> Shortbreads, Wafers, An Arrangement of Autumn Fruits, Tarts of Autumn
> Fruits, Candied ruits, Lady Anne’s Cheesecake, A Cream, Something
> Chocolate! Marchepane, and Numerous Other Sweets.
> Drinks of Various Sorts with Ice.
What drinks did you come up with?

Thanks,
   Stefan