[Sca-cooks] Attention Adamantius and anyone else....

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 00:32:33 PDT 2003

--- kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:

> I am going to answer other questions from other
> mails here....
> First off until now I didn't even know what a
> Cloister was... Sorry
> folks I know that is sacreligious but I didn't.
>   I looked it up and can
> see why it would be interesting but uhm no, not
> this trip.

The Cloisters is a part of the Metropolitan
Museum of Art, and is exclusively devoted to art
and architecture of the Middle Ages and
Renaissance.
John D. Rockefeller literally bought several
medieval French cloisters, transported them to
New York, had them assembled into one building
and then donated it all to the Met along with a
large portion of his medieval art collection.  It
is considered one of the premiere museums of the
world.  For someone in the SCA to miss going to
it is like going to London and not going to the
British Museum.  Or going to Paris and not going
to the Louvre.  But that is your choice.  Here is
their website, so you can see what you will be
missing:

http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/department.asp?dep=7

Huette

=====