[Sca-cooks] Beverages, was Royal authenticity

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:07:30 PDT 2003

So can one really serve even mild alcoholic drinks if they are being for
  by the feast or coming out of SCA monies?

Johnnae

My impression of this, and this may or may not be true, but I've done it and
none of the exchequers I know (including a few deputy kingdom ones) raised
an eyebrow, is that you can serve stuff @ feast as long as it's not out of
SCA money.  SO... on a practical level, if I'm feeling generous and decide
to make mead for the populace and serve it at feast, as long as I paid for
the ingredients AND this is made clear in some way (in the feast booklet, or
by announcement, whatever), that's fine - because at that point, the
liability if someone underage drinks it, etc, is mine.

YMMV,

Generys