[Sca-cooks] Re: [Carolingia] [C-A] My Trip to Germany

John john at jtdiii.com
Mon Sep 29 13:50:21 PDT 2003

It is really too bad that you will not be visiting in September, during the
Museumsufferfest, which is a grand festival up and down both sides of the
Main river, it is about 4 Km long covering both sides of the river and has
three avenues of  booths with food, alcohol, museum displays, art displays
and multiple bands playing on each sides.  Well worth the visit if you can
make it.

For the medievalist, I highly reccomend the Ledermuseum in Offenbach, near
the border with Frankfurt.  It has a number of wonderful medieval shoes, and
during the Museumsufferfest they have a master and apprentices making shoes
in a display booth.  Their contact info is:

http://www.ledermuseum.de/frames/hfr_in_e.html

John McGuire