[Sca-cooks] mustard help

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue Sep 30 10:06:38 PDT 2003

Tirloch commented:

I've found that apple cider vinegar works better with crushed brown mustard
seeds.  White vine vinegar with brown mustard seeds is too acidic for most
palates - unless you are accustomed to it.  YMMV.

I also found that it is best to make the mustard and then let it sit and age
for a few weeks.  The longer, the better - sort of mellowing the
ingredients. You can then serve it as tick mustard - suitable to spreading
on pretzels or on other foods.
<<<<

Huh? What is "tick" mustard? Or was this supposed to be "thick"?

Stefan
(hmm. Wonder if a dusting of dry mustard would work as a tick repellant... :-) )