[Sca-cooks] Missing Florilegium files (was cookware question)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 9 22:19:54 PDT 2004

James P. commented:
> First off, tried looking at the Florilegium.org but couldn’t et to the
> file. So I thought that someone might know more than me. Here goes,
> anyone ever cooked in clay pots?

I'm sorry about the Florilegium error. If folks will let me know when
they find a missing file, especially one that shows up in the index
files on the site, *please* let me know. Preferably by email since I
get this list by digest and in this case I just now got to this
message. Once I know of such an error I can usually fix it that day,
and more likely I will get it fixed immediately. And if it is going to
take longer I am always willing to email folks a copy of any file.

Also, please let me know the name of the file you are having problems
with. In this case I could think of several files on pottery, but I
believe I guessed correctly because this file had an error in the index
file:
pottery-cookng-msg (8K) 11/21/03    Cooking in clay pots. Do and don’ts.

I left the "i" out in the cooking to make the filename file within my
name length restrictions. Often the changes I make like that are almost
unnoticeable. Unfortunately in this case, *I* didn't notice it when I
was creating the index file. I have fixed and uploaded the index and
this file is now available.

Unfortunately it is still a rather small file so I don't know how much
help it will be to James, but I hope it will give him a start. Of
course any additional, useful info given here to answer his questions
will likely get added to this file in the future. :-)

It really upsets me when I find that an error such as this has existed
in a file for several months or more without someone letting me know.
Of course it could be that no one is interested in that file which is
disappointing but it could also be that many people have sought the
file and it wasn't available because of some stupid mistake of mine.
:-( Which is worse.

Thanks for listening,
    Stefan
--------