[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 11, Issue 29/Chickens!!

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 21:10:00 PDT 2004

Rose, newbie chicken wrangler!!
Welcome to this list, please consider subscribing to
medievalanimals at yahoogroups.com

I would love to talk chickens here, there, anywhere!!
The above list has quite a few other SCA farmer types,
poultriers, ect...

There are quite a few breeds of chickens with long
histories into the middle ages.
though why anyone would tell you your chickens weren't
edible, I don't know, well, it would depend on how OLD
your individual hens are!! Older than 2 a bird gets
tough and is best boiled for stock than eaten for its
meat!!

Master Johann von Metten OL

http://www.florilegium.org/files/ANIMALS/fowls-a-birds-msg.html

> Stefan

> End of Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 11, Issue 29

=====
www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"