[Sca-cooks] Moving to other SCA groups

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 17 22:32:51 PDT 2004

Kiri commented:
> If he still lives here, he has dropped out of the SCA all together.
> But I was under the impression that he had moved away.  He semed to be
> somewhat frustrated that Atlantia wasn't Caid transported to the East
> Coast and kept trying to tell us that we were doing it all
> wrong...which really didn't set well with folks here, so he may have
> just dropped out.
If he has dropped out because of this, then this is sad. For both him
and the Society.

I've never moved from one SCA group to another, but I've seen this
problem happen to others which is why I created this file in the
NEWCOMERS section of the Florilegium and why I often point it out to
folks who have transferred from or are going to transfer to another
group.
SCA-trans-msg     (18K)  1/ 4/96    How to handle the move from one
group to
                                        another. For the people in the
group too.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-trans-msg.html

Of course if folks have any further suggestions or comments on this
subject, I'd be glad to consider them for this file. And if folks can
diplomatically mention these things to folks transferring between
groups or point them to this file, perhaps we can avoid folks making a
bad impression they will have trouble recovering from later.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com