[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 7 05:59:13 PDT 2004

There is no real problem as long as the budget matches the menu.
Personally, I want my menu and budget set long before we get to the event
announcements, so the menu can be used to attract people to the event.

Ansteorra does very little with pre-paid reservations.  When I've used them,
they were discounted from the regular feast price to get up front cash flow.
We do take unpaid reservations for the feast on a named individual basis (if
you don't, you may get several people reserving for the same group of
people).  Putting the menu in the event announcements helps to get the
reservations.

A number of the sites we use have cabins for which we require reservations.
I've been told that when I am cooking some of the people who handle cabin
reservations will use that fact to entice feast reservations.  "Bear's
cooking, better reserve early, before we sell out."  Egobo.

Bear

>The dishes were named in the event article soliciting pre-paid reservations
>(I'm trying to keep this general to protect the innocent and not speak ill
>of the dead (dead feast not dead people) in keeping with the "hypothetical
>but sadly based on a real event" scenario)
>
>Cecily
>From: "a5foil" <a5foil at ix.netcom.com>
>
>> Somehow I got the impression that someone else had decided on the menu.
So