[Sca-cooks] Mistakes to Avoid when cooking salmon

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 06:31:03 PDT 2004

>>I'm thinking: heat stock to simmering point, carefully lower fish into
>>liquid, leave in for a few minutes (10 should do it, shouldn't it?), then
>>carefully remove.
>>
>>What have I overlooked?

It sounded to me like you were going to leave the bones in the fish.  The
original recipe distinctly says to boil, remove fish from bones.  It
certainly does sound like a wonderful recipe, especially for a feast.
Serving boneless fish would go over well.  Didn't you say you only had a
couple of fish?  If so, maybe I'm just not reading in that you meant to
debone the fish.
I agree with Gunthar about dressing it up for presentation, although I might
suggest not drizzling with the sauce (not everyone likes vinegar or
mustard), but instead, how about zested strings of the peel from those
oranges and lemons?
Olwen