[Sca-cooks] Requirements for a Laurel & Presentation QUESTION

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:37:41 PDT 2004

> > it helps if you can go to events in all corners of the Kingdom, or are
>in a
> > very central region with a lot of other Laurels around.  (Don't complain
> > that you live in the equivalent of Outer Slobovia, and don't have the
> > money/time/freedom to travel.  The Circle can't help that any more than
>you
> > can.)
>
>I keep hearing this, and I don't understand it. If you need to travel to
>become a Laurel, why don't you need to travel AFTER you become a Laurel?
>
>In my kingdom there is one local group where people can, actually, get a
>Laurel without ever travelling out of the local group; a region where
>people aren't expected to travel out of the region; another region that is
>far away so people understand if you don't travel much-- but if you live
>elsewhere than those places, you better be seen in the other regions (and
>no, Pennsic DOESN'T count) because nobody has the time and energy to
>travel to YOU.

>What isn't fun is realizing that I have to haul other people's projects
>around with me and dump them in people's laps so they can see 'em. I feel
>like a cross between a labrador retriever ("Look! Look! Look what I found!
>Isn't this Cool! Aren't you Amazed! Good Boy Laddie!") and that creature
>carrying her possessions around on her back in Labyrinth...
>--
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

As several of you know, I/we (from the studio) have mailed projects all over
the place.  Sometimes to enter in A&S and sometimes by request of either
someone there, or someone at the studio that wants to do something to
contribute.  On occasion I/we will have someone schlep something for us but
most of you out there have been so kind as to offer to accept a mailed
packet and set the thing up.  Right now we have two projects in progress to
send off.
I guess I only say that - where there is a will, there is a way.  So if you
can't get to an event that has a competition you would like to enter, get on
your keyboard and start asking for help.  I realize that there are certain
weight/size restrictions for some, but certainly not for many of you.
Olwen, leaving too much old text in again..