[Sca-cooks] Verjus

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 05:26:51 PDT 2004

And I would be delighted to purchase verjuice from your brother, if he
would make it...especially if he could beat Navarro's prices!  But I
don't have a clue as to how it's made, beyond using green grapes and not
fermenting it.

Kiri

Wanda Pease wrote:

>My brother has a small experimental vineyard on the Oregon coast.  His wines
>are very drinkable, but since he doesn't want to mess with the ATF and
>licenses, he can only make the amount for himself and his wife, and he can't
>sell that.  A mildly expensive hobby.  I keep after him to make verjuice,
>which he could sell since it is non-alcoholic, but we can't seem to get
>instructions for when you pick the unripe grapes and what you do with them
>after (vat, bottle).
>
>Truth probably is that he enjoys making wine, but he got over 500 gallons of
>juice out of the little plot and that's a lot of specialized grape juice.
>
>Wonder when the wineries go out and pick for verjuice.  How big are the
>grapes?  Since it was used all year around, how do you store it? Any spies
>out there?  I'll supply you with verjuice if we can easily figure it out.
>
>Regina Romsey

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence