[Sca-cooks] Verjus

Carper, Rachel rachel.carper at hp.com
Mon Apr 12 16:19:31 PDT 2004

Regina,

Where are you in Oregon?

Elewyiss

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Wanda Pease
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 6:41 PM
To: Cooks within the SCA
Subject: RE: [Sca-cooks] Verjus

I went to the Navarro website with the intention of ordering a bottle of
their verjus and found some of the information I needed about when they
pick
theirs: http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/productdetail.php?prodid=340

Harvested:  Sept. 2, 2003 Sugars at Harvest:  12.9? Brix
Bottled:  Oct. 3, 2003 Total Acidity:  17.1 gm./liter
pH Level:  2.90

Whew!  The shipping is more than the verjus, and that's just to Oregon!
I won't be ordering it again after I see what it tastes like compared to
what I can make here at home.

So, now I have something to go to my brother's place on a limited
pillaging expedition!

Regina