[Sca-cooks] Rainy War?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 22:27:01 PDT 2004

Roz replied to me with:
> > I really expected something similar to happy this last time when his
> > household brother was king, but it was one of the driest Gulf Wars
> > that I can remember.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> HA! You weren't there Sunday and Monday, were you?
> There is nothing like spending two days, getting soaked to the skin,
> trying
> to get the camp up and just right and then there was the nightmare of
> parking
> the car...drudging back to camp, from halfway back to Alabama, with a
> big bag
> of ice, and it starts raining, again-a cold, wet, soaking drizzle,
> that doesn't
> let up until well past midnight...again....
Huh? Are we talking about the same war? The Gulf War fought a few weeks
ago?
Yes, we were there from early Monday morning about 9am on, although we
spent an hour or two of it waiting in the parking lot before being
allowed to proceed to the gate. (Which they insist on calling "Troll").

We got there a few hours later than we usually do. It seems that Sunday
night one of our cats got out while I was packing the car. And he was
not anxious to go back in the house. So it was three hours before we
could corner him and get him back inside and we could leave. I do
remember that the ground was wet Monday morning and there might have
been some misting, but nothing I would call heavy rain.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com