[Sca-cooks] merchants as Laurels

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Apr 15 07:06:41 PDT 2004

--On Thursday, April 15, 2004 1:26 AM -0500 Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

 It may well
> be that, as with the general population of SCA players, that there are a
> number that meet all the requirements for peerage, but for one reason or
> another, visibility, personality, their circle of friends or lack of the
> right people in the right places etc, just do not end up in the pool that
> candidates are drawn from.

and you  must remember, we feel obligated to change the water in the pool
every now and then, and make sure no bacteria is growning.    8)

mama cailte's advice to her students and anyone else who will listen.... it
doesn't mean you are the best in the world, just that a certain number of
people at a certain time in their lives and your liife thought you were
good enuf to honor  and hold up as someone cool you can emulate ( oh, and
paint a target on yer chest!)     heck, half the people in the kingdom
think i got mine for c & i rather than bardic, so that just goes to show
you how public perception can be!)

cailte
not a stuffy ol' bardic laurel

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions