[Sca-cooks] Sour Cherry Pie

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Apr 22 17:41:28 PDT 2004

Also sprach Elaine Koogler:
>Petru,
>I just had another thought on the cherries. We are planning to use
>dried cherries (same problem as you with the fresh ones), and plan
>to reconstitute them with some sweet white wine. This might be a
>little better than the canned ones...I used canned ones when I made
>the "Crust with Tame Creatures" from Platina some years back, then
>tried it again with the dried, then reconstituted ones...it was much
>better.

Another option would be the sour cherries available in juice or light
syrup in jars, available in various ethnic markets. I often see them
in places where Eastern European, Russian, or Balkan groceries are
sold.

Then again, my Mom has a tree in her back yard, and I usually end up
with about 30 lbs a year anyway.

Adamantius