[Sca-cooks] Re: Champagne Truffles Revisited

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Fri Apr 23 09:45:45 PDT 2004

>It is interesting to know that the champagne truffles engender pretty much
>the same opinion; interesting.  My question to the person who made gooey
>ones, did you cook down the champagne to 1/4 cup?  An entire bottle of
>champagne cooked down to 1/4 cup is a thick syrup.  That is about the
>quantity of cordial that I put into a batch of truffles so I made no
>adjustment and the texture was right.

Hi, yes that's about the volume I had.  In fact, I couldn't get to the
truffles right away that night, and when the champagne reduction cooled
in the fridge it thickened so much I could barely spoon it out.  I think
I needed to adjust my butter upward a bit, since the total fat content
was reduced by the reduction in cream.

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

Mom-asté: the mother in me recognizes and honors the mother in you.