[Sca-cooks] OOP: Kettle cakes

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Apr 25 20:27:38 PDT 2004

At 07:40 PM 4/25/2004, you wrote:

>George Eliot (I forget her real name, and whenever I try to think of it
>all I can remember is Edmund Blackadder's line about Jane Austen being a
>huge Yorkshireman with a beard you could hide a badger in)

I love that line too. And the name is Mary Ann Evans (so remembers the
Former English Major :-/)

>I wonder if it'd turn out to be some kind of cloutie dumpling type thing.
>There's nothing in Hannah Glasse; maybe Eliza Action? Or is she too late?
>(Yes, I'm clutching at straws.)

I still think it's one of those big doughy things like they serve at the
fair. Here they call them elephant ears. And they even stack them on sticks.

...Mmm... I could go for one now- either with the cinnamon sugar or with
jam. Yum!

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918