[Sca-cooks] OOP: Kettle cakes

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Apr 25 21:48:51 PDT 2004

Jam? Weird....;-D Here, it's usually butter-and-honey, even on the
cinnamon ones.  They're normally called "Indian fry bread" around here,
although I used to get them at a local chain restaurant that made pretty
good ones but miscalled them "scones" for some unknown reason.....
They're actually suprisingly easy to make...I've done it for
fund-raising fair food booths for a local charity group.
Personally, "kettle" or "cauldron" cakes have me thinking of those
"vanity cakes" from the Little House books--sort of a puffy, fried donut
thing, but not sweet.
--Maire, another ex-English major who's lucky if she can manage to
remember how much she disliked American Lit. classes.....never mind the
esoteric, cool trivia.....*sigh*....