[Sca-cooks] Girl Scout demo--what's good for young kids?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Apr 27 13:37:22 PDT 2004

> My request for help comes down to this: what is good to do for a cooking
> demo with young girls in a lodge with fireplace and hearth? (And what
> equipment is needed for your suggestion?)

For a demo this past weekend I made the gingerbrede from the recipe in
Cariadoc's miscellany. What's needed is a spoon, a pot to heat the honey,
and a plate to put the gingerbrede on-- I recommend doing gingerbrede
balls rather than a flat mass.

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/desserts.html#2

I also made clarea de agua from de Nola, which was good because we were
COOOOLLLLDDD. :)

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/conviviencia/clarea.html

The andalusian stuffed eggs recipe would work,

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/conviviencia/stuffedeggs.html

 so would mustards.

Roast onions and carrots would work but they take quite some time.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Sometimes you have to do something unforgivable, just to be able to go
on living." --Christopher Hampton, "The Talking Cure"