[Sca-cooks] Re: 50's vs '70s

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Apr 30 02:41:26 PDT 2004

At 02:14 AM 4/30/2004, you wrote:

>WKRP in Cincinnati. The Muppet Show. Taxi. MASH.
>Saturday Night Live. To name a few comedies.

I forgot about MASH. *hangs head in shame*

>Columbo. The Waltons. It Takes a Thief.  Streets
>of San Francisco. The Rockford Files.  To name
>a few dramas.

Streets of San Francisco was a drama? ;-)

>  Monty Python and the
>Holy Grail (1975), Star Wars (1977),

*very sorrowful face. Can I ever be forgiven?*

>And for some food trivia, name these 1970's food
>commercials:
>
>1) "I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing."

Coca Cola

?

>3) "He likes it! Hey, Mikey!"

Life cereal

>4) "Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce,
>cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun"

Big Mac (extra points if you could chant it while hanging upside-down on
the monkey bars!)

>5) "Sorry, Charlie!"

Chicken-of-the-Sea tuna

>6) "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"

Margarine... Parkay?

>7) "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Alka-Selzer

>8) "You get a big delight in every bite..."

Oh god... candy bar, I think. But which one?

>9) "From the land of sky blue water"

Hamm's beer.

>10) "If you believe in peanut butter, clap your
>hands"

Skippy?

Remember the Burlington commercial with the lines weaving back and forth
across the screen? I thought that was cool. And the original campaign for
Leggs hose was pretty fun too. And Lifebuoy soap "B-Ooo!" with the
lighthouse. Or Dial soap! "Aren't you glad you used Dial!"

Great Scott! Look at the clock!

Nite all!

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918