[Sca-cooks] viking food and fall fruit

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 12:18:53 PDT 2004

Maire commented:
> I'd like a recipe, if you don't mind too much.  A local lady is working
> on a viking-food themed feast for our harvest court this fall (at
> least,
> I think she is), and it'd be fun to pass it on to her.
Perhaps this file in the FOOD-BY-REGION section of the Florilegium
might be of use to her:
fd-Norse-msg      (49K)  5/29/02    Norse and Viking food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Norse-msg.html

For the questions on the fruits asked earlier, perhaps this overview
file might be of use but I'm not sure how much it goes into the regions
and seasons for each fruit:
Period-Fruit-art  (60K)  1/13/02    "Fruit of Period Times" by Baron
                                        Akim Yaroslavich.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/Period-Fruit-art.html

There are also the files on individual fruits, but you have to dig a
bit more.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas