[Sca-cooks] New mixing toy!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 12:39:03 PDT 2004

> YIPPIE!!  Now for all the toys to use with it.
> Bear
>
> > Mentioned to him I was looking for a mixer and we ended up in his
> private
> > stsh room and I came out with a brand new, in the box 6 quart
> Epicurian 475
> > watt Kitchenaid.  For $100.00!!  YIPPIE!!~
> >
> > THLady Olwen the Odd
Is this one of the current models or an older one? I did find a chart
of the current six or seven models but I don't know how to figure out
what is really there when someone says they have an "xx"  model
Kitchenaid for sale or what its pros and cons might be over the new
ones. I've been using web searches, looking for comments and reviews,
but there may be a better way. It looks like with the single power
take-off shaft on the front that most of the accessories work with most
models, although there are apparently some differences in dough hooks
between models, at least recently.

Congratulations, Olwen. This sounds like a wonderful buy.

I've also seen a number of KitchenAid accessories for sale on eBay, so
you might want to look there as your finances permit.

Since Olwen mentioned the mixer for marzipan, it is now making me
wonder if I can use my new (300W) hand-mixer for mixing this or whether
this is one of the things which is beyond it. Then again, I'm unlikely
to ever mix up the size batch that Olwen probably is.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com