[Sca-cooks] State Fair Recipes

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Aug 6 06:30:05 PDT 2004

Reviewed in The Internet Scout Report:

11. State Fair Recipes
http://www.statefairrecipes.com

As the summer continues to wane on, one tradition remains intact
throughout much of America: the state fair. Usually the state fair is a
place for local residents to showcase their agricultural marvels, and
for urbanites to experience a bit of the country life, albeit rather
briefly and somewhat voyeuristically. While there may be an uneasy
alliance between urbanites and rural denizens during these periods, one
thing is for sure: they both love the award-winning eats that are often
the highlight of such gatherings.  One is certain to find certain
specialties at every fair, ranging from the famous scones of the
Washington State Fair in Puyallup to the roast corn that may be found at
just about every state fair. This website brings all of those
award-winning recipes together in one place, as visitors can find
recipes for such dishes as beef and cheddar puffs, braised lamb shanks,
and down home chicken pot pie. Desserts don't get short thrift here
either, as visitors can read the recipes for ginger lime pear pie and
many others as well. Finally, visitors can read profiles of the various
award-winning cooks and find recipes from 2000 to 2004. [KMG]

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't want to claim that God is on our side. As Abraham Lincoln told
us, I want to pray humbly that we are on God's side." - John Kerry