[Sca-cooks] To those leaving for Pennsic

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 6 18:13:47 PDT 2004

>We could talk about Elvis' birthday celebrations. Anybody have a carb- light
>version of fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches? (There, OOP and somewhat
>OT- good enough ??)
>
>Andrea

I was under the impression that the mythic sandwich also included
bacon... so eliminate the bananas, put it on low-carb bread... voila!

I also discovered "SoyNut Butter" - lower in carbs than peanut butter
- and definitely not as tasty - but ok when served/mixed with other
stuff.

The label is a bit embarrassing: the brand is, and i kid you not, "I.
M. Healthy". I got the "LOW CARB! unsweetened creamy" (to quote the
label), which claims to have 10 grams of Soy Protein per 2 tablespoon
serving. It's also non-GMO, for those who care (and if you don't, we
don't need to argue this here, please, it's going on on some other
lists i'm on, and the flaming is too toasty (and i'm keeping out of
it)), contains no transfats, and is dairy and gluten free (i should
certainly hope!)

And, no foolin', it has its own website, sheesh!
http://www.soynutbutter.com

Anahita