[Sca-cooks] OT - recipe help - "atkins" scotch eggs

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 11:48:15 PDT 2004

aeduin wrote:

> Yeah, but the salmon eggs were fun to try to make.  I'm still waiting
> for you to try it with an ostrich egg.
>
> evylle mynion

Hmm.  Well the hard-boiling would be the time-consuming part.  If we
don't make the sausage layer any thicker, there is no reason it should
take any longer to fry, given a large enough oil kettle.  Turkey fryer
size, or equivalent.  Where can we get ostrich eggs?  There are ostrich
farms for the meat, there must be eggs available somewhere.

Selene