[Sca-cooks] Need a stuffed mushroom recipe

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Aug 23 14:49:26 PDT 2004

Was written:

> I'm doing my first feast (EEK!) in December, and due
> to the theme (inspired by Platina's Laurel Fritters) I
> find myself in need of a stuffed mushroom recipe.
>
> (It's a long story, and I'll explain it all in due
> time.)
>
> The feast is primarly Late-ish French, so something
> along those lines would be cool.  If not, I'll work
> with it.  Anyone have any ideas?

How about an adapation of "Mushroom Tarts" from page 97 of "Early French
Cookery" out of "Menagier de Paris".

It has a blind baked pastry shell, mushrooms, and a cheese and spice topping
on the mushrooms.  You could use Portobellas and do without the the pastry
or go with one of the two varients listed.  The first varient does without
the pastry and I would guess is something of a casserole the second  creates
a mushroom spice and cheese Rissole stuffing.

Daniel