[Sca-cooks] a Happy Announcement!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Aug 23 18:47:32 PDT 2004

At 06:36 PM 8/23/2004, you wrote:
>Dang, girlfriend! That's impressive! I was an English major in college,
>and I don't have anything like that.
>--maire, taking her BA and crawling under an uneducated rock (small r)
>somewhere, or maybe just hiding behind a bookcase full of other....stuff....
>OFC: Making chicken for dinner tonight (non-period recipe), and didn't
>have any cayenne pepper.  Ended up using a spice blend that had long
>pepper in it.  Smells nummy (still cooking)....

Well, I was a Medieval Studies major, so I have a little more arcane stuff
(and some of the Gawain stuff was due to the conference paper in grad
school). Should be noted that there were two of us graduating in '98 (11
the year before- the dept had some wild fluctuations) and our advisor
pointed out that Johanna and I both took more than twice the minimum of
required classes in the dept. In fact, she had to shove us down the street
to take our science requirements... (not quite but I'm sure it felt that way!)

Eight books on heresy. Now what might _that_ say about me? ;-D)

Long pepper on chicken? That does sound yummy. I still have some of the
sauce Poivre in the frig. Hmmm... Wonder what there is in the freezer?

'Lainie