[Sca-cooks] Nicholas Flamel

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 10:37:19 PDT 2004

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> Hmmmmm....
> Okay, so I'll give you logic points on this
> one, although I still think
> there's more to Hagrid.
> RE: struggle between Harry and
> He-who-must-not-be-named....I saw in an
> interview an interesting tidbit.  JK was saying
> (in reference to the
> first encounter that got Harry the scar) that
> what we should be asking
> (IIRC), was not why did Harry live, but why
> didn't HWMNBN *die?*

I saw that too on her website. She also said
that another question we should be asking is
why Dumbledore didn't kill Voldie in the scene
at the Ministry.

But the answer to both is very obvious.  If
Voldie had died during his first encounter with
Harry or if Dumbledore had killed him, we would
be without a major story plot, wouldn't we?
Without Voldie, the Potter books would be just a
magical version of a "coming of age" story.  JK
had to make it so that Voldie didn't die and
that Dumbledore didn't kill him.  I believe that
will be Harry's job in the last book.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.