[Sca-cooks] Nicholas Flamel

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Aug 25 15:17:48 PDT 2004

At 02:21 PM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
> > James and Lily were very young- I'm not sure they were old enough for
>James
> > to have gotten through the extra auror training. And they were also in
> > hiding for some time.
>
>Not that young. In the movie, there is a plaque with the names of the
>Gryffindor team on it -- James seems to be class of '70.

No, for one, the movies aren't quite canon, and there are several mistakes,
including the trophy case- James was a chaser, not a seeker, and that he
may have _been_ at Hogwarts in '70 (maybe... not. He was likely born around
1960) but that was not his graduating class, which was probably '77-'78ish.
Lily was in the same class. See:

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/james.html
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/timeline_classes.html

So with Harry born in 1980, and people leave school at 17, nearly 18, this
makes James and Lily 20-21 when they were killed. Not quite old enough for
the minimum three-year training.

They were part of the original Order of the Phoenix, and had 'thrice
defied' Voldemort, so I rather get the idea that they were spending most of
their time fighting the Death Eaters. Some honeymoon period. :-/)

'Lainie