[Sca-cooks] Nicholas Flamel

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 25 14:21:02 PDT 2004

> James and Lily were very young- I'm not sure they were old enough for
James
> to have gotten through the extra auror training. And they were also in
> hiding for some time.

Not that young. In the movie, there is a plaque with the names of the
Gryffindor team on it -- James seems to be class of '70. Harry turns 11 in
1991, so he was born in 1980, and James and Lily were killed in 1981. That's
eleven years, plenty of time for Auror training and a decent, if short,
career. Though I definitely agree that there has to be family money on
James' side.

Cynara