[Sca-cooks] sauce competition

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 10:51:42 PDT 2004

Thanks Stefan!  The rules are not yet written in stone.  This is what I am contemplating:

Documentation required, but only to establish that 90% ingredients were period (ie check your favorite encyclopedia documentation), not your recipe.  Documentation 10%-15% (haven't decided yet) to be determined by judges, balance of score determined by populace.  I am concerned if the docs appear to be too important, it will scare beginners off.  On the other hand, if you go to all the trouble to redact a recipe, you should get some sort of recognition/credit for it.

I don't expect lots of entries, but the Shire loves to cook so I am remaining optimistic.  I have been to dessert revels with dessert competitions that seem to do well (but I think it was 15+ years ago).

Samrah

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

Is your panel judging the documentation simply saying whether the
documentation is good enough to allow a sauce to be entered? Or is
there some weighting system between the populace vote and the
documentation score?

Stefan