[Sca-cooks] OT & OOP: Greasecar?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 25 17:05:52 PDT 2004

>Don't talk about used vegetable oils replacing gas or diesel-- think
>hydrogen.

A used vegetable oil fuel cell, mayhap?  I agree hydrogen is the best bet as
an alternate fuel.  I think the ineffiecient burn of an old style diesel
fueled by vegetable oil would cause as many problems as it solved.

>And yes, nuclear does remain a viable technology with the generation IV
>reactors  being designed right now and they will be built just like the
>generation 3.5 reactors in Asia where they are building even now in
>Japan and Korea. ( I'm
>also the wife of an actual professor in Nuclear Engineering.)
>
>Johnnae

I doubt you'll find many takers for expanding the use of nuclear power in
the US.  The issue is too politically loaded.  I haven't kept up with the
technology, so am I to assume the reactors you are referring to are light
water reactors with improved efficiency or are they radical design?

Bear